Friday, August 4, 2017

Mermaid Mini Album Cover

Hello my crafty friends and Happy Friday!! I an stopping in this morning to share my mermaid mini album cover that I have created.  I have been busy making many mini albums lately, and this is my Summer Mermaid themed album. I've been wanting to create an album using mermaids and sea life for awhile now and after seeing the "Twirling Mermaid" file from KaDoodle Bug Designs, I thought it would be perfect to create and add to the front cover of my album...


To begin, I uploaded the "Twirling Mermaid" file to Cricut Design Space, re-sized the image and cut out all of the pieces on my Cricut Explore Air 2.  I then inked each piece using Tim Holtz Distres Inks and adhered them together using Art Glitter Glue. I used a white gel pen to add some highlights as well. Isn't she just the cutest?!?!

I adhered her down to the top right portion of the Reef Border and Frame Fancy Dies that I used from Hero Arts. This is a gorgeous die set and again, perfect for the theme I am trying to create. Of course, I needed to add sparkle (as I usually do in all my projects, LOL!!), so I added Stickles to the die cut to add color, sparkle and texture. I also added a Sticker to the center of the die cut, which is from the Echo Park Paper Co. "Let's Be Mermaids" Collection Kit. To finally finish it off, I added small drops of Glossy Accents to act as Bubbles to add more dimension and texture.

Below is a list of products and supplies used to create the cover of my Summer Mermaid Mini Album:

KaDoodle Bug Designs - Twirling Mermaid  file

Patterned Paper: Echo Park - Let's Be Mermaids Collection Kit

Bazzill Cardstock

Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Antique Linen, Abandoned Coral, Peacock Feathers

Art Glitter Glue

Uni-ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen

Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks - Shimmer Shades

Hero Arts - Reef Border & Frame Fancy Dies

Stickles

Glossy Accents

I hope you enjoyed today's project share and will come and visit again. 
Have a Fabulously Crafty Day!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment