Monday, January 22, 2018

Valentine's Day Dino

Hello & Happy Monday my crafty friends! With Valentine's Day around the corner, I figured I'd try to get a head start on my Valentine's Day cards. Today I am sharing a card I created using the Cutie KaToodles Valentine Dino from KaDoodle Bug Designs.



Is he not the cutest little Dino you ever saw?!?!  This paper piecing was created using Bazzill Cardstock and was cut using my Cricut Explore Air 2.  The pieces were inked using Tim Holtz Distress Inks and were adhered together using Art Glitter Glue.

This is an A2 sized card and the card base was made using 110lb. ReCollections white Cardstock. The embossed card mat was cut from the ReCollections Valentine's Day Embossed Paper Pad. I added Stickles to the middle of some random hearts on the card mat to add some interest.

The sentiment in the middle of the heart is a stamp from the ReCollection's Valentine's Day clear stamp set. It was stamped using Versa Fine Onyx Black Pigment Ink.

Below is a complete list of supplies and materials used to create this super fun card:


Bazzill Cardstock

110lb. ReCollections White Cardstock

ReCollections Valentine's Day Embossed Paper Pad

Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Pine Needles, Salty Ocean, Aged Mahogany, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey

Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks - Shimmer Shades

Art Glitter Glue

Uni Posca White Paint Pen

ReCollections Valentine's Day Clear Stamp Set

Versa Fine - Onyx Black Pigment Ink

Stickles - Cranberry


I hope that you enjoyed today's creation and will visit again soon!

Have a Fabulously Crafty Day!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is a very cute file. Your work is very well done. I like your faux stitching. Just the right amount. I have troubles with that. Your shading is so natural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Krista! I had troubles with the highlights/faux stitching when I first started out with paper piecings. I always added too much. Sometimes I still go overboard, lol. I just try to be more aware of it when I'm doing it now. You will definitely get the hang of it, just keep creating and practicing. I'd love to see some of your creations!!!

      Delete