Monday, January 8, 2018

Warmest Wishes.....

Hello & Happy New Year my crafty friends! It has been a while since I last posted and I apologize. With all the craziness of the Holidays and New Year and the typical everyday life happenings going on, life just got a bit crazy here for me. But, I am back and ready to get crafty again for the New Year.

It has been bitterly cold here on the East Coast lately. We had a blizzard this past week and with it being so frigid and miserable out, it has given me plenty of time to stay warm indoors and craft...YAY!!!

Today, I am sharing a card I created using the oh so adorable, "Winter Fuzzy Mouse" file from KaDoodle Bug Designs.


I needed to create some cute Winter cards and thought this file would be perfect. My paper piecing was created using Bazzill Cardstock. For his hat and scarf, I used cardstock from the "Sugar Shoppe" 6x6 paper pad from Doodlebug Design Inc. All pieces were cut using my Cricut Explore and were then inked using Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

The base of my card measures 4.5" x 6.25" (A6) and was made using 110lb. ReCollections White Cardstock. The patterned paper is again, from the "Sugar Shoppe" 6x6 paper pad from Doodlebug Designs Inc.

To create my "hills of snow", I used the "Stitched Scallop Dies" from Craftin Desert Divas. I also used the Craftin Desert Divas Stamp Set: "Winter Cheer" for my sentiment, which was stamped onto the bottom of the card using Versamark Ink and heat embossed with silver embossing powder from Hero Arts.

To finish off this card, I added Stickles to the snowflake that my adorable little mouse is holding. I also added some "Shimmer" sequins from Craftin Desert Divas, some beads of Nuvo Crystal Glaze and using my Posca white paint pen, added small dots throughout the background to add to my look of falling snow.

Below is a complete list of all products used to created this Wintery card:



Bazzill Cardstock

110lb. ReCollections White Cardstock

Doodlebug Designs Inc. - Sugar Shoppe 6x6 Paper Pad

Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Hickory Smoke, Spun Sugar, Peacock Feathers

Uni-ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen

Art Glitter Glue

Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks - Shimmer Shades

Craftin Desert Divas: Stitched Scallop Dies

Craftin Desert Divas: Winter Cheer Stamp Set

Versamark Ink Pad

Hero Arts: Silver Embossing Powder

Posca White Paint Pen

Pigma Micron 01 Black Pen

Stickles Glitter Glue

Nuvo Crystal Glaze

Craftin Desert Divas: Shimmer Sequins


I hope that you enjoyed today's creation and will return again soon. I have many new and fabulous crafts coming this year and I can't wait to share it with all of you.

Please feel free to like, share and follow me on the following social media platforms as well:









No comments:

Post a Comment